Saturday, November 13, 2004

Caroline Stephanau

Caroline Stephanau is 8 years old and has been playing tennis for a little over a year. Her tennis skills have improved greatly in a year's time. I would have to say that Caroline is one of my most dedicated tennis students. She really loves tennis. She even came out to a lesson recently when the temperatures were dropping below 50 degrees. And she told me: '...This is kinda cold, but I'll bring my gloves next time and I'll be fine...' Then she pulled her hands into her sleeves and gripped her racquet through her pull-over top...!

-That's pretty resourceful, I think!

Right now Caroline is what I call a 'recreational player'. She's just doing it for fun. But later on, if she really takes it seriously, I think she could develop into a fine player..! We'll see... She's still not ready for her first tournament yet, but she's well on her way...!

No comments: